You are here
Dr. Puri completed his undergraduate work at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, with an engineering degree. He worked for General Motors for a year, and then started medical school at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio. He interned in general surgery at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, which was followed by his orthopedic surgical residency at the same institution. Throughout his undergraduate, medical school, and residency programs, Dr.Puri has garnered numerous awards and recognition for his outstanding academics, research, and publications.
Dr. Puri has completed two fellowships, the first in foot and ankle reconstruction at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the second fellowship in hip and knee total joint revision at Indiana Orthopedics in Indianapolis, Indiana. The completion of these two fellowships establishes and brings an exceptional surgeon to OAK Orthopedics and his patients.
Dr. Puri has continued to engage in research while at OAK and shared a publication with an author at RUSH University. His primary interest is in surgery of the lower extremity. He is using computer-aided planning as well as gender specific implants in knee replacements. He also has been performing hip replacements using a technique that does not require cutting of any muscle and may lead to faster recoveries. In addition to this, he does most of the practice's hip and knee revisions and has an interest in these challenging cases. He is also interested in foot and ankle reconstruction from tendon reconstructions in athletes to complex diabetic foot fusions.
He is very excited about his new clinic in Pembroke, Illinois. He has established a hip and knee clinic for the underserved of that area that he has funded himself along with donations from the industry. He hopes others may someday bring their skills to that community as well and help it improve in its economic status.
Healthgrades ranks Dr. Puri a “Five-Star Doctor,” its highest ranking, and Patients Choice has recognized Dr. Puri as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- General Surgery Internship: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Hip and Knee Total Joint Revision Fellowship: Indiana Orthopedics, Indianapolis, IN
- Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Riverside Medical Center
- Presence St. Mary’s Hospital
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dr. Rajeev Puri's 92.7 The Valley Interview
Dr. Rajeev Puri receives Top Doc honors from Silver Cross Hospital
Frankfort Expands Services
OAK Orthopedics, located at 19552 South Harlem Ave. in Frankfort, has expanded its services in response to the increased demand and success of the...Read More