As school districts and leagues resume practices and competitions for the fall after COVID-19 closures, the team of specialized sports medicine...Read More
You are here
Dr. Lee is a fellowship trained primary care sports medicine specialist, and he is board-certified in sports medicine and family medicine. He has extensive experience in the treatment of nonsurgical orthopedic injuries and conditions, and he enjoys caring for patients of all ages.
Currently, Dr. Lee serves as a team physician for Lincoln-Way East and Providence Catholic High Schools, Olivet Nazarene University, and the United States Soccer Federation, with which he has regularly traveled internationally while caring for the nation's elite youth players.
Dr. Lee has also given numerous lectures and presentations on a variety of topics in the field of sports medicine at local, national, and international conferences. In addition, he serves as a lecturer in the Department of Exercise and Sports Science at Olivet Nazarene University. He has a special interest in the prevention and management of sports related concussion.
Born and raised in Rochester, Minnesota, Dr. Lee attended Wabash College prior to attending Indiana University School of Medicine. He then completed his residency in family medicine at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic School of Medicine and pursued further training with a fellowship in primary care sports medicine at the Hennepin County Medical Center. He is a member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians, and the Illinois State Medical Society.
Dr. Lee is available to see patients at our Frankfort office, and he and his family reside in Frankfort. He enjoys spending time with his wife and three active boys, golfing, exercising, and reading.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN
- Doctor of Medicine: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Family Medicine Residency: Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine: American Board of Family Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Illinois Academy of Family Physicians
- Illinois State Medical Society
- U.S. Soccer
- Lincoln-Way East High School
- Providence Catholic High School
- Olivet Nazarene University
OAK Orthopedics' Sports Medicine Doctors Advise Fall Athletes on Safety This Season
Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy: Science, Hollywood, and the Media
It is difficult these days to read or watch anything about contact sports, in particular the NFL, without hearing at least peripherally about...Read More
Frankfort Expands Services
OAK Orthopedics, located at 19552 South Harlem Ave. in Frankfort, has expanded its services in response to the increased demand and success of the...Read More
High Ankle Sprain: A Difficult Athletic Injury
Ankle sprains are among the most common musculoskeletal injuries in athletes, both competitive and noncompetitive, accounting for anywhere between...Read More