You are here
Dr. Santiago-Palma specializes in non-surgical spine care. Dr. Santiago-Palma completed his fellowship at the Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Anesthesiology, where he received advanced training in interventional procedures to relieve back and neck pain.
Dr. Santiago-Palma also completed a fellowship in pain and palliative care at the world-renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. Dr. Santiago-Palma uses minimally invasive cutting edge procedures to relieve spine pain. Over the past 10 years, he has performed over 20,000 interventional procedures to relieve back and neck pain and other painful disorders.
Dr. Santiago-Palma has also authored and published numerous book chapters and peer-reviewed articles. His research interests include the development of safer and novel ways of performing spinal procedures. He is board-certified in both physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). He holds a membership in the North American Spine Society.
Dr. Santiago-Palma has been recognized as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors by Patients Choice.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine: Francisco Marroquin University, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Internship: Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, St. Luke’s Hospital, Bethlehem, PA
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Pain Management Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Anesthesiology, Boston, MA
- Pain and Palliative Care Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pain Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- North American Spine Society
- Riverside Medical Center
- Presence St. Mary’s Hospital
- Oak Surgical Institute