You are here
Dr. Ellis is a primary care sports medicine physician who received his bachelor’s degree from San Diego State University, where he was a member of the Aztec baseball program as an infielder. Dr. Ellis’s medical degree was from the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California. He completed his residency in family medicine at Kaiser Permanente Foundation Hospital in Woodland Hills, California, and his fellowship in sports medicine was completed at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine-Tulsa/Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
During his fellowship, Dr. Ellis served as team physician for the University of Tulsa, Oral Roberts University, Northeastern State University, the Tulsa Drillers (Colorado Rockies AA Baseball Team), and Booker T. Washington High School. As an undergraduate, Dr. Ellis worked as a student athletic trainer for San Diego State University, San Francisco State University, and the San Diego Chargers (NFL).
In practice, Dr. Ellis sees sports injuries in patients of all ages, from children and adolescents to adults and seniors, recreational to elite, including high school, college, and professional athletes.
Currently, Dr. Ellis serves as the director of sports medicine and team physician for Olivet Nazarene University, Kankakee Community College, and Bradley Bourbonnais High School. Dr. Ellis has been one of the team physicians for the United States Soccer Federation/U.S. Soccer since 2009. He has traveled to Spain, England, Mexico, Turkey, Portugal, Panama, Bosnia, Honduras, and Argentina with the U17 and U18 Men's National Teams. Additionally, Dr. Ellis serves as a team physician/consulting physician for the Chicago Bears.
Dr. Ellis is board-certified by the American Board of Family Practice and holds a certificate of added qualifications (CAQ) in sports medicine. Dr. Ellis is a member of the American Academy of Family Practice Physicians, the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, the Kankakee Medical Society, and the National Football League Physicians Society. Dr. Ellis has trained comprehensively in the nonsurgical treatment of injuries to the musculoskeletal system. He is an adjunct professor in the Department of Exercise and Sports Science at Olivet Nazarene University and also serves as a site preceptor for athletic training at Illinois State University. Dr. Ellis also serves as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at SIU School of Medicine and in the Department of Internal Medicine at Riverside Medical Center IM residency program in Kankakee, Illinois. He is a recognized lecturer and has presented clinical cases at multiple national sports medicine conferences.
Dr. Ellis resides in Bourbonnais with his wife and three children and enjoys volleyball, golf, cycling, and working out.
Dr. Ellis is available to see patients at our Bradley Office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education/Sports Medicine: San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Family Medicine Internship: Kaiser Permanente Foundation Hospital, Woodland Hills, CA
- Family Medicine Residency: Kaiser Permanente Foundation Hospital, Woodland Hills, CA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine-Tulsa/Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center, Tulsa, OK
- American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine: American Board of Family Practice
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Kankakee Medical Society
- National Football League Physicians Society
- Chicago Bears
- Olivet Nazarene University
- Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
- Kankakee Community College
- U.S. Soccer
- Presence St. Mary’s Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
- Oak Surgical Institute
Dr. Carey Ellis goes global to cover world-class athletes
NEW ADVANCED TREATMENT for people suffering from debilitating tendon pain
Among the first doctors in the country trained on TENEX HEALTH TX™, Dr. Ellis discusses the successful results seen in his patients....Read More
OAK Reunites at NFL Combine
It was an OAK reunion at this year’s NFL Combine in Indianapolis as Dr. Michael Corcoran and Dr. Carey Ellis met up with former OAK Orthopedic...Read More