You are here
Dr. Alexander Michalow was raised in Chicago and has called it home his entire career. After graduating from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with honors, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Dr. Michalow attended Rush University Medical College followed by an internship at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago. Completing his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center in Miami, Florida, and his fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center also located in Miami.
Dr. Michalow has completed numerous specialty courses and their application in orthopedics. Dr. Michalow has conducted research and published works on ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction and has been trained in minimally invasive hip and knee replacements.
In addition, Dr. Michalow is a noted researcher of sprint bio-mechanics and speed training techniques. As a clinician, he has presented one of the premier sprint training symposiums in the world, which was attended by several Olympic sprint coaches and held at Olivet Nazarene University.
Healthgrades ranks Dr. Michalow a “Five-Star Doctor,” its highest ranking.
Of interest, Dr. Michalow is a classically trained pianist, as the music video below illustrates. Dr. Michalow and his family live in Bourbonnais.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Rush University Medical College, Chicago, IL
- General Surgery Internship: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL
- Orthopedic Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Kankakee County Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Olivet Nazarene University
- Kankakee Community College
- Oak Surgical Institute
- Presence St. Mary’s Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
Dr. Alexander Michalow Has a Talented Pair of Hands
Clinic Spotlight Dr. Michalow’s Clinical Staff
Dr. Alexander Michalow’s clinical staff is responsible for providing the patient with a positive experience while providing great care, compassion...Read More