You are here
Dr. Alexander Michalow was raised in Chicago and has called it home his entire career. As a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Michalow offers the highest level of bone, joint, and muscle treatment, and he is a Healthgrades “Five-Star Doctor.” He specializes in both surgical and nonsurgical sports medicine and total joint care, including minimally invasive hip and knee replacement, joint injections, arthroscopy, and casting, splinting, and bracing.
After graduating from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with honors, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Dr. Michalow attended Rush University Medical College followed by an internship at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago. In Miami, Florida, Dr. Michalow completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center and his fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Michalow has conducted research and published works on ACL reconstruction. In addition, Dr. Michalow is a noted researcher of sprint biomechanics and speed-training techniques. As a clinician, he has presented one of the premier sprint-training symposiums in the world, which was attended by several Olympic sprint coaches. Additionally, he serves as a sports medicine provider for Olivet Nazarene University, Kankakee Community College, and multiple high schools around the community.
As the music video below illustrates, Dr. Michalow is a classically trained pianist. Dr. Michalow also plays in a band, writes music, and he and his family live in Bourbonnais.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Rush University Medical College, Chicago, IL
- General Surgery Internship: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL
- Orthopedic Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Kankakee County Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Olivet Nazarene University
- Kankakee Community College
- Oak Surgical Institute
- Presence St. Mary’s Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
- Iroquois Memorial Hospital
Dr. Alexander Michalow Has a Talented Pair of Hands
Clinic Spotlight Dr. Michalow’s Clinical Staff
Dr. Alexander Michalow’s clinical staff is responsible for providing the patient with a positive experience while providing great care, compassion...Read More
Important information regarding COVID-19, more commonly referred to as the Coronavirus Disease.x